WE HAVE OUR COUNTRY BACK!

I am administering this site for Santa Fe Grassroots for Obama volunteers and friends. Now that the election is over, the topics have broadened to local community events. I encourage each of you to find your passion and make it happen by volunteering and getting others involved. If you'd like to share and spread your volunteer interests, write something up and I'll post it. Along those lines, you'll find things here now that I am personally passionate about. So please join me! My best, Gaye Pollitt

Friday, January 9, 2009

Hugs, High-Fives and a Tribute to Grassroots from Gaye

In less than two weeks, the finest President to walk the halls of the White House in many, many years will be inaugurated…and we helped get him elected. We did it together. We should be proud collectively as Grassroots and you should be so proud personally.

I’m proud for every call you made. All the doors you knocked on. Every piece of data you entered. Proud of every meal you prepared for the staff or phones you answered. For flyers and rally signs you designed or painted. For photocopies you made and paid for. I’m proud of floors you vacuumed, meetings you attended, every new voter you registered, every poll you “guarded,” and every absentee-vote you watched counted.

Mostly I’m proud and grateful for the care and passion you showed, the support you provided, the initiative you took, and every time you stepped forward and said, “Let me take care of that!” or “I can ...” and then filled in the blank with "...train people on Vote Builder …staff the office …maintain this database …direct traffic at the rally …display a bumper sticker and yard sign …wave banners on the street corner…”

Your collective mantra was “What do you need done? I’ll help.” You did it all -- spending countless hours, often without acknowledgement or thanks. More often, I hope, with hugs and high-fives. Consider this message to you my hugs, high-fives (dare I say “terrorist fist bumps”?), and tribute for making Santa Fe Grassroots for Obama the awesome powerhouse it became.