WE HAVE OUR COUNTRY BACK!

I am administering this site for Santa Fe Grassroots for Obama volunteers and friends. Now that the election is over, the topics have broadened to local community events. I encourage each of you to find your passion and make it happen by volunteering and getting others involved. If you'd like to share and spread your volunteer interests, write something up and I'll post it. Along those lines, you'll find things here now that I am personally passionate about. So please join me! My best, Gaye Pollitt

Monday, March 23, 2009

Got FUND RAISING talent? Adult literacy needs you!

I was going to post a call for adult literacy volunteers for Literacy Volunteers of Santa Fe. But I have learned today that unless they get some serious fund raising, LVSF will not be able to afford to buy materials for tutors and students, let alone be able to train new volunteers. The economy has brought a downturn in donations and funding BY HALF and LVSF had to lay off most of its office staff and close its computer lab/learning center.

Usually, I stay away from the subject of fund raising...but this is an exception. If you have a talent for FUND RAISING and want to help resolve this very serious situation, please contact: Meredith Machen, LVSF President, 505-577-6337, mermachen@cybermesa.com

LVSF runs an impressive variety of literacy programs from its home base at Santa Fe Community College, at workplaces in Santa Fe and in locations throughout the community.

FOR MORE INFORMATION: Visit Literacy Volunteers of Santa Fe website.