WE HAVE OUR COUNTRY BACK!

I am administering this site for Santa Fe Grassroots for Obama volunteers and friends. Now that the election is over, the topics have broadened to local community events. I encourage each of you to find your passion and make it happen by volunteering and getting others involved. If you'd like to share and spread your volunteer interests, write something up and I'll post it. Along those lines, you'll find things here now that I am personally passionate about. So please join me! My best, Gaye Pollitt

Monday, March 23, 2009

SB 249 was DEFEATED! That's a good thing - - at least for now!

ONE PERSON'S OPINION - MINE!
A huge thanks to everyone who wrote or called New Mexico lawmakers in an effort to get the SunCal TIDD bill (SB 249) defeated. To the amazement of many, many Congressmen, it went down - TWICE - in the House. The first vote was 33 FOR and 33 AGAINST. And then it was "reconsidered" and failed again with exactly the same vote -- 33/33. Because it was a tie, the bill died! (Hey, that almost rhymes!)

Now, a lot of very influential people in both parties and, of course, the lobbyists, were very surprised at the vote. So, stay tuned and be prepared to voice your opposition again during the next legislative session. Between now and then, if you read or hear anything about this project, I'd be grateful if you'd let me know. (Email me: ggp.hd1340 @ hotmail.com)

For background, please read my first post about SB 249.