WE HAVE OUR COUNTRY BACK!

I am administering this site for Santa Fe Grassroots for Obama volunteers and friends. Now that the election is over, the topics have broadened to local community events. I encourage each of you to find your passion and make it happen by volunteering and getting others involved. If you'd like to share and spread your volunteer interests, write something up and I'll post it. Along those lines, you'll find things here now that I am personally passionate about. So please join me! My best, Gaye Pollitt

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Let's send Barack & Michelle & the girls to the White House. YES, WE CAN!

Dear Grassrooters,


Work as hard as you can! We absolutely must send Barack & Michelle to The White House! This country has the rarest opportunity in our Nation's history and we've got to do everything in our power to make it happen!

Michelle Obama addressed a crowd of supporters in Albuquerque yesterday afternoon. As much as I liked her before, she blew me away, exceeded my expectations, and made me so proud to be supporting BOTH the Obamas!

Michelle is smart, funny, warm, informed, eloquently spoken, composed, brilliant, (did I mention funny?), compassionate, quick... I cannot think of enough good words to describe her.
She spoke for 30 or 40 minutes from the heart with no notes, telling us about the campaign from her perspective. Then she enthusiastically & unflinchingly answered questions for at least 30 more minutes. And then she "walked" the edge of the circle, shaking hands, autographing our-very-own-Freddie Johnson's Dreams From My Father (which now sports both Barack and Michelle's signatures!), graciously accepting praise and adulation along the way.
Many of our Santa Fe Grassroots group were there. I have no doubt they join me in saying it was a heart-warming, sobering, and exciting event!
Here are a few photos. More are included in our slide show at the bottom of the right column. Gaye