WE HAVE OUR COUNTRY BACK!

I am administering this site for Santa Fe Grassroots for Obama volunteers and friends. Now that the election is over, the topics have broadened to local community events. I encourage each of you to find your passion and make it happen by volunteering and getting others involved. If you'd like to share and spread your volunteer interests, write something up and I'll post it. Along those lines, you'll find things here now that I am personally passionate about. So please join me! My best, Gaye Pollitt

Monday, August 18, 2008

Clinton urges support for Obama at Española rally.

Senator Hillary Clinton urged support for Barack Obama at a rally in Española on Sunday, August 17, that drew hundreds of local Democrats. She thanked the crowd for the support many of them had shown her during the primary campaign and urged her supporters to "work as hard for Senator Obama as you worked for me."

The event drew many heavyweights in the state Democratic Party, including Governor Bill Richardson, Lt. Governor Diane Denish, U.S. Representative Tom Udall, U.S. Senator Jeff Bingaman, and 3rd Congressional District candidate Ben Ray Luján, who introduced Clinton.

For photos of the event, click on the "Santa Fe for Obama" slide show in the right-hand column of this webpage.