WE HAVE OUR COUNTRY BACK!

I am administering this site for Santa Fe Grassroots for Obama volunteers and friends. Now that the election is over, the topics have broadened to local community events. I encourage each of you to find your passion and make it happen by volunteering and getting others involved. If you'd like to share and spread your volunteer interests, write something up and I'll post it. Along those lines, you'll find things here now that I am personally passionate about. So please join me! My best, Gaye Pollitt

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Denver Convention. Indescribable, but I'll try.

I'm still somewhat scrambling for words to give you a sense of the convention - the emotion, the spectacle, the events. Photos seem more capable. Here are a few; these & others are in our slide show in the right column.

Our New Mexico Delegation (left), decked out in blue shirts donated by a sponsor. What a great group of people from around the State! We breakfasted together every morning at 7:30 and lunched each day, so we really got to know each other. I was honored to be among them! Thank you, again, for sending me!

One morning, unplanned, Donna Brazile dropped in to speak to us during breakfast and was introduced by our Lt. Governor Diane Denish. Donna is one of my favorite "talking heads" on CNN so it was a great personal treat!

Morning schedules included a wide choice of special caucus meetings. Howard Dean (above) addresses the Native American Cacus which was extremely well attended and very informative. The Native vote is vital to Barack's success.

"Gavel" banged at 3:00 pm each day in the Pepsi Center where all speeches and official business was conducted. It was awesome to see the Center fill up and amazing to watch "reruns" on tv at night and be able to say, "I was there today!"


Some of us, like Sean Simmel, had a great time expressing ourselves with fun & silly hats.











And Debra Haaland, Barack's Delegate At-Large from Laguna Pueblo, wore her Native dress on Thursday to honor Barack's acceptance speech. (Me? Hat & boots, otherwise you wouldn't recognize me!)


THIS POST IS STILL "UNDER CONSTRUCTION" thus sometimes it will look like it needs "editing." I've not done a good job of working on it!! Maybe some midnight hour I'll get it completed. Thanks for your patience. Gaye