WE HAVE OUR COUNTRY BACK!

I am administering this site for Santa Fe Grassroots for Obama volunteers and friends. Now that the election is over, the topics have broadened to local community events. I encourage each of you to find your passion and make it happen by volunteering and getting others involved. If you'd like to share and spread your volunteer interests, write something up and I'll post it. Along those lines, you'll find things here now that I am personally passionate about. So please join me! My best, Gaye Pollitt

Friday, January 23, 2009

HOSTS Open House a huge success as the first National Service Day event in Santa Fe.

National Service Day got off to an early start in Santa Fe at an Open House on Thursday (1/15) for HOSTS, Helping One Student To Succeed, a reading program for 2nd, 3rd and 4th graders at Cesar Chavez Community School.

Thank you very much to the 25 folks who attended the Open House. We had a good time; you seemed impressed with the program; and you all loved seeing the children! Debby Maas, HOSTS administrator, was extremely grateful for your interest. So am I. And I look forward to hearing about how many signed up to be a mentor. [UPDATE: As of 1/29/09, ten new volunteers joined HOSTS as mentors! I'm so proud! Thanks to everyone!]

It's never to late to learn about the program and volunteer, so for those of you who were not able to make the Open House but are interested in more information, please contact Debby Maas directly at 995-3390.